Caution: This Is A Construction Site

photo credit to Veronica Roth

What are we building? A Meta-Platform Jump-Off Point, of course.

Watch this site morph before your eyes. Time-lapse photography documentaries have nothing on us.

If you are a Not Bobber and you don’t see your info up on the left-hand column blogrolls, please make sure your info is on the these docs: Blogroll, FaceBook Pages, Twitter. If it’s on there, but you still don’t see your info, our apologies. It takes us a minute to get everyone updated.

ATTENTION: New listing for email/usernames. Please add your info so I can add you as an author.

Much gratitude to Veronica Roth for coming up with some elegant photographic artwork for the site including the header. If I’m not mistaken, the book is Charles Dickens’ Great Expectations…which is precisely what I have for this group of talented authors.

Also a big shout out to Rebecca Barray, Linda Hatton, and Michelle Pond for helping with the endless blogrolls. We couldn’t have gotten this far without you all stepping up where others fear to tread.

Adventures in the works. Come back soon.

~Lara

26 comments for “Caution: This Is A Construction Site

1. May 18, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Also, leave your “calling card” here! Leave us a comment. Thanks for stopping by.

2. May 18, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Hi, Lara. I love the header photo. Especially the well-worn book in the middle. It’s looking good.

• May 18, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Wait until you see the art that Veronica has loaded on the media page. I can’t wait to see what she does with them.

3. May 18, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Also, Not Bobbers, please leave your blog in the blogroll once you’ve signed in. Thx.

4. Mel
    May 18, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Present and accounted for! Mel Walsh Jones

melwalshjones.wordpress.com

5. Mel
    May 18, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I don’t think it matters where we land, it matters that we land. Are you planning to make this a private, members only blog once it’s up and rolling?

• May 18, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Nope, but we were talking about having a page area that is for subscribers and another for members only

6. May 19, 2012 at 12:24 am

not sure how i sign in on FB; i am finding, to respond to a lot of FB MNINB plus blogs takes a lot of time; i’m trying to honor everyone, but feel a bit overwhelmed. What happened to people posting on blogs and comments back and forth on the blog sites? This is not meant to be perjorative; we are all in the learning mode. love to all, esther

7. May 19, 2012 at 12:38 am

Hi one and all, we are now broad based bloggers-let’s go gettum

• May 19, 2012 at 12:40 am

That’s the spirit, Esther! So glad to have you on board!

8. May 18, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Esther, it does take a lot of time, and we can’t do all of it. I’ve been pretty much away from the scene for a couple of days, working to get a certain number of novel pages revised.

That said, I’m glad to see this site! Cudos, Lori/Lara, and to all the others who are making this possible. You rock! (Does that show my age and how utterly uncool I am?)

9. May 18, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Looking good so far! I can’t wait to see what developes and I hope to be of some help along the way!

• May 18, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Absolutely Dana, just let us know what piques your interest.

10. May 19, 2012 at 2:55 am

I’ve included my email and website. (Email will be kept private, right?) Is this the best place to come for updates about this web pgae, or is FB still the main place? I will include my info into the doc on the FB page some time today.

I think it is a great idea to have a private area for”staff.”

Lara – I knew there was an entrepreneurial spirit in you; you’re always full of great ideas! As I learn about the bits and pieces of the project, I like it even better. My only concern is where do we go to catch up with where the project is and what we can do to add to the project? Or are we being contacted by you, Lara and Khara, once we put our info on the FB doc?

Thanks –
    Monique

• May 19, 2012 at 10:08 am

We still have to meet as a steering committee. So after that there will be more subcommittees. Right now I”m trying to get everyone’s info so we know who’s on board. And yes, Monique, I think people should make sure their email addresses are private. I only need them to get you guys in the system.

• May 21, 2012 at 11:58 am

Hi Monique,
      I think I answered this on the FaceBook page, but let me do it here as well since those threads are easily lost. We have an ad hoc steering committee that has not yet convened. In the meanwhile, I’m concentrating on the nuts & bolts that I know need to be done no matter what. The new(er) blogroll doc on FaceBook includes information (self-proclaimed) that should help people get started organizing subcommittees/theme teams. For a group this size, discussions are usually most productive at that level. You guys can start identifying common goals, concerns, etc., choose a team leader or co-leaders, or whatever. My suggestion is to just concentrate on the basics until we start forming the by-laws, etc. Discussion and dialog are more important than answers at this stage. It really helps to talk to each other and think things through. Kind of like an Iowa caucus. That may seem like a nebulous instruction to some folks, but it really is essential in solid group building in my experience. Three of us are trained mediators. In mediation, you have to walk everyone back to this place. So why not spend some time doing it right to avoid conflicts later? Other trained mediators are Sarah and Claudia.

11. May 20, 2012 at 1:09 pm

This place looks so awesome. Thank you for including me.

• May 20, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I think this is the start of something terrific! Glad you are on board.

12. May 21, 2012 at 1:58 pm

What do I need to do to get my blog listed on the blogroll? It is http://www.hopefuljo.wordpress.com

• May 21, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Under Chronicles(?)

• May 22, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Yes, I think that would be appropriate. It has been my blog title for years. I most certainly appreciate being included. If you think it should be under my name instead let me know. I really have not done anything like this in some time.

• May 22, 2012 at 10:02 pm

We gotcha up there as Chronicles. Glad to have you on board, Jo Ann!

13. May 24, 2012 at 12:51 am