Take a Picture! – Shadows

Wordsmith Studio’s Weekly Photo Prompt

Wordsmith Studio Logo Banner

Welcome to Wordsmith Studio’s Weekly Photo Prompt!  Every Thursday we’ll post a new topic for your photographing pleasure.  When you get a good shot (or three, or five) post them to your blog, website, Instagram or Twitter. Then come back and post a link to your photo(s) in the comments.

This Week’s Theme is: Shadows

Shadow Mural

What lurks in the shadows? Fun photographs.

Go outside and look at your favorite trees, buildings, or statues and see the shadows they cast. Watch how the sunlight streams into your house and look for the shadows it creates. Is it kind of a gloomy day? Turn on the lights and make your own shadows.

Take a Picture!

So, don’t get blinded by the light, look for those shadows. I guarantee once you start, you’ll see them everywhere!

Got Ideas?

Do you have suggestions for future “Take A Picture!” posts? Leave us a comment, or email us here.  We ♥LOVE♥ feedback!

Be sure to come back next week for more fun and new inspiration, and check out our Photography group posts every other Monday. Also, watch for a collage of “Shadow” photos taken by our contributing members!!

Happy Snapping and Photo Fun!

Wordsmith Studio Photography Group

23 comments for “Take a Picture! – Shadows

1. Becca
    November 15, 2012 at 2:43 pm

This is such a great prompt! I’ve been watching for interesting shadows all day. As soon as I find one I like well enough, I’ll be back to show it off. 😉

2. November 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Shadows. Mine: Shadow Creatures

3. November 20, 2012 at 4:19 am

Wonderful. How do I receive an email notification to remind me of these prompts?

~ Misky

4. November 20, 2012 at 5:41 am

Shadows: This one is from early in the year. It’s a photo that I took of my shadow in the kitchen at sunset. http://miskmask.wordpress.com/2012/01/02/2-january-river-of-stones/

• November 20, 2012 at 6:15 am

Wow, It’s a complete picture in shadow. It reminded me of looking at a negative on film.

5. November 20, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Michelle and Janice, you both are ghosts! If you go to the upper right hand corner of the blog you will see a “Howdy, [your name].” Just hover over it and choose “edit profile.” From there you can upload your beautiful profile pics. As for email subscriptions…the tech team is still debating the merits of MailChimp v Aweber. Any thoughts?

• J.lynn Sheridan
      November 24, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I don’t know why I’m a ghost. My pic has been uploaded for quite a while.

• J.lynn Sheridan
        November 24, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Now, I might know why. Security settings.

• November 25, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I haven’t been able to fix mine. It showed up at the top of the article, but not in the comments.

6. November 20, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Wow! These photos inspire some interesting stories. Nice job!

Here is mine:

• November 24, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I tried to leave this message on your blog, but the capchas wouldn’t let me, nor would it accept my wordpress account. So here’s my comment: I love “landscape’s darkroom,” too, and that shadows can be “etchings.” Perfect.

7. November 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Love shadows. Here’s one of my favorites, at the end of my Kauai post: http://jennifercrites.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/kauai-hawaiis-garden-isle/#jp-carousel-964

8. Becca
    November 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

Here is the collage of Wordsmith Studio members’ shadow photos!! Enjoy!!