Have a Seat!

Veranda-Veranda-Designs-Veranda-decor-Veranda-Furniture-PhotoA veranda is a wonderful place to sit, relax, and chat with friends.  On the veranda, secrets are shared and lessons are learned.

Grab your iced tea (or your drink of choice) and join me for some gabbing.

Are you new to the community?

Have you been around the block in this community and have some wisdom to share?

Are you finding your way around?

Do you have questions?

Have you made new friends?

Sit down and chat with me and the others here.  Never know, you might make more friends.  You do know that strangers are only friends we haven’t met yet.

Join the conversation by commenting to this post.

Talk to you soon!!

10 comments for “Have a Seat!

1. February 7, 2013 at 3:58 pm

That veranda looks so inviting! I would love to meet you (and everyone else) there and chat!
    🙂

• Melanie Fountain
      February 7, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Wouldn’t that make for a great afternoon!?!

2. Carol Early Cooney
    February 7, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Let’s do it! It looks far more inviting than the snow storm we are apparently having. (I hadn’t looked out the window for awhile…) I want to be on the veranda! I hope we get to meet some new people here – so fun to introduce the “old” and the new!

• Melanie Fountain
      February 7, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I agree! Tell ya what. I will make the iced tea and you grab some crackers or cookies. I will meet you out there in a bit.

3. February 7, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Wish you could all (virtually ) come here! Temps in the 70s tomorrow, but then our storms roll back in.

Hi, Melanie. What an inviting place to hang out. A great photo that might suggest a story or poem, too. Hmmm . ..

• Melanie Fountain
      February 7, 2013 at 6:14 pm

You know Gerry – that is a great idea!! Anyone who wants to, write something using this picture as a prompt and post it.

Here is my run at it:

A puddle of condensation quickly formed at the base of her iced tea glass. She shifted her arms across her chest just as the warm breeze began to caress her skin. It has been three weeks since her Mamma died. Although her illness was long and the family had time to prepare, she was unprepared for just how much losing her Mamma would hurt.

“I miss our talks, Mamma. I miss the sound of your voice.” Her Mamma’s rose garden across the yard became a blur through her tears.

“I feel like a little girl lost in a big department store and all I want is my Mamma. I WANT MY MAMMA BACK!”

He didn’t say a word. He was struggling to find a way to stop his baby girl’s pain. For now, all he could do was stand silently in the distance and cry with her. As much as he missed his wife, it hurt him more to see the pain her death was causing their daughter.

(Don’t wait to spend a little time on the veranda with people you care about.)

4. Amy
    February 7, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I like the way Gerry thinks. That photo is begging for a story. LOL!

One of these days, we’re going to have our own little Wordsmith Studio retreat/conference/workshop with a gorgeous veranda like this one.

• Melanie Fountain
      February 7, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Wouldn’t that be wonderful!?!

5. February 25, 2013 at 9:07 pm

As a Southerner, I believe a cup of Constant Comment is the best way to furnish a veranda. (Well, you do have to have chairs, but don’t forget the Constant Comment.)

• Melanie Fountain
      March 1, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Why Mr. Woodward, would that be just lovely. (I love Constant Comment)