[First Official Challenge Post. Leave your comments about your progress here.]
The goal of the Read 1 Watch 1 Challenge is to read a book and watch the movie version. As a group, we’ve decided to start with the Harry Potter series. To “spice up” the challenge, readers can read-a-long three different paths.
The first path is designed for the independent reader who will earn points for themselves.
The second path is designed for the house reader who will be sorted into a House and earn points for both themselves and the house.
The third class is designed for the casual reader who will participate without earning points.
Readers can earn points for various Challenge and Wordsmith Studio (WSS) activities. The following activities are a general guideline to earning and losing points. Readers note: this is not an exhaustive list. Readers and Houses can lose points as the challenge progresses as Sopphey chooses.
- Participating in a Challenge #WSChat per chat [100pts]
- Answering a question during the Challenge #WSChat per question asked by Sopphey [50pts]
- Commenting about your reading progress on the Official Wednesday Challenge Post [50pts]
- Commenting on other reader’s comments on the Official Wednesday Challenge post [5pts]
- Creating your own Challenge related post on your blog [10pts]
- Commenting on Participants Challenge related blog posts [5pts]
- Participating in any #WSChat Wednesday Book Chat [10pts]
- Commenting on any WSS blog post [5pts]
- (for WSS Members) Posting any of your blog links to the WSS Facebook Fan Page [5pts]
- Tweeting without some attempt at punctuation during Challenge Chats (upper case included!) [-5pts]
- Being the last reader to post on the official Wednesday Challenge Post before Wednesday #WSChat [-5pts]
- Posting or discussing spoilers on your blog, social media, or anywhere “public” [-500pts]
Points will be tallied after the Challenge #WSChat and the leader board will be posted the next day by noon in the Official Wednesday Challenge Post.
First Challenge Chat Summary
We had our first Read 1 Watch 1 Challenge chat on February 27, 2013. The Storify version of this chat can be found here. Participants sorted into Houses using this sorting hat emulator. There is no cutoff date for participants to be sorted.
For Slytherin we have Sopphey and Amy. For Ravenclaw we have Nikki and Sarah. For Gryffindor we have Khara, Jeannine, and Carol. And finally, for Hufflepuff we have Rebecca, Janice, Linda, and Lori.
The first assignment is to read Chapters 1-3 of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by March 13.